MSI continues to pump out entries in its Wind line of netbook computers: the latest addition is the Wind U110 Eco, which claims to offer over 15 hours of live with a single charge of a 9-cell battery—and with that battery, it’ll weigh just 3.2 pounds, potentially making it a viable portable solution for folks who are away from wall power for long periods of time.
Under the hood, the Wind U110 Eco isn’t breaking any barriers in the netbook platform: the unit sports a 1.6 GHz Intel Atom Z530 processor, and is available with either Windows XP Home or Windows Vista Home Basic. The system has a 1,024 by 600-pixel 10-inch LCD display driven by Intel GMA500 graphics, 1 GB of RAM, a 160 GB hard drive, 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth wireless networking, a 1.3 megapixel Web cam, gigabit Ethernet, a 4-in-1 media card reader, and three USB 2.0 ports.
MSI hasn’t published any pricing or availability information, but the Wind U110 Eco looks to be available now for retail prices around $400.
- Dell just slashed prices on the Vostro and Latitude business laptops
- This Dell G15 Gaming Laptop is at clearance price for a limited time
- Get a fantastic student laptop for only $200 with this crazy Best Buy deal
- Best iPad Deals: Latest models on sale from $299
- Be honest. Your next laptop doesn’t need a headphone jack