Canon just released two new multifunction printers (MFP) designed for small and medium-sized businesses, the ImageClass MF6180dw and MF6160dw black and white laser MFPs. Why just black and white, and not color? The thinking is that most offices print more monochrome documents than color, and color inks are also expensive.
Besides networkable via Ethernet, the 6180dw also supports wireless connectivity, in response to more office users printing from smart devices. The 6180dw allows a user to print directly from their Gmail and Google Doc accounts via Google Cloud Print on their mobile devices or via the Google Chrome browser. Apple AirPrint is also supported
The machines have a 35 page-per-minute print speed and a front-loading paper tray that holds 250 sheets. They also come loaded with features designed for office use, such as secure printing and usage monitoring.
They’re designed for office use, but they wouldn’t be out of place in small or home businesses. The 6180dw will sell for $500 and the 6160dw for $400.
- Get the support you deserve at work in one of the best office chairs
- Plantronics Voyager 6200 UC wireless headphones will cure your noisy office woes
- New Brother printers are designed for speed and office efficiency
- The best humidifiers to moisten the air in your home and office
- Stop handing out your keys to strangers — use the Danapad from Danalock instead