Do you use Office 365? How about SkyDrive? If so, then you’re in luck. Microsoft’s productivity suite and cloud storage service are getting new updates, granting their users some perks that are pretty nifty.
If you have an Office 365 Home Premium subscription, to this point, you’ve benefited from two significant perks: an extra 20GB of SkyDrive cloud storage and 60 minutes of free calling via Skype to more than 40 countries. Up until now, only those who paid for the Office 365 Home Premium subscription would get to take advantage of these benefits. With the new update, those who subscribe to Office 365 Home Premium will be able to share these SkyDrive and Skype perks with up to four people. The perk sharing feature will kick in sometime “next month.”
If you’ve ever used Google Docs, then you’re probably familiar with its collaborative features, which make it easy for multiple people to edit the same document, spreadsheet, etc. The new update gives SkyDrive’s productivity Web apps, which include cloud-based versions of Word, Excel, and other Office staples; and similar functionality, allowing users to work with others through the cloud. SkyDrive’s Word app will now have an Autosave function as well.
Microsoft is releasing these updates as part of its “Get It Done Day” campaign, an initiative which aims to help people “get things done away from the office.” These updates to Office 365 and SkyDrive should do just that.
- Microsoft adds new features to Office and OneDrive apps for iPad, iPhone
- The best humidifiers to moisten the air in your home and office
- Volkswagen’s I.D. Vizzion concept is a lounge, office, and theater on wheels
- Get the support you deserve at work in one of the best office chairs
- Plantronics Voyager 6200 UC wireless headphones will cure your noisy office woes