It’s always interesting to see someone making creative use of otherwise disparate technology and teasing the possibilities of an interconnected future. This time around, it’s a mash-up of Nintendo, Android, and Microsoft technology all coming together to form a pretty cool little gaming station.
YouTube user Obiwan222222 found a way to play Nintendo Wii games on an Android tablet using an Xbox 360 controller, and created a video showcasing the Voltron-like unity of the three products.
It might seem simple, but it actually required a number of steps to pull it off. In order to make the system work, he first got the Wii game running on a PC using an emulator, then streamed the video to his Android 3.2 tablet using a remote desktop app. He then attached the Xbox 360 controller to the keyboard dock, and it was “Game On” for a round of Super Mario Bros. Galaxy.
You can get the full specs of the hardware he used, as well as info about the Wii emulator and remote desktop app in the video below:
- How to connect a Nintendo Switch controller to your PC
- Looking for classic gaming fun? Here are 20 of the best emulators for Android
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- The best game console you can buy right now
- The best video games for couples to play on Valentine’s Day