Apple Computer today announced an 8 GB version of its (PRODUCT) RED iPod nano, available now from Apple’s online store and from Apple’s retail stores this weekend for $249. The 8 GB version joins the $199 4 GB version unveiled earlier this month; $10 from the purchase price of either iPod nano goes to the Global Fund to combat HIV/AIDS in Africa.
"Customer response to the iPod nano (PRODUCT) RED Special Edition has been off the charts," said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s CP of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing. "We’re thrilled to add a second model with 8GB of capacity, enough for 2,000 songs, so customers have yet another choice in supporting this important cause."
(PRODUCT) RED was created by U2 frontman Bono and Bobby Shriver as a way for businesses to actively contribute to the battle against HIV/AIDS in Africa by creating uniquely branded products. Several companies have produced (RED) products, including Motorola, Converse, American Express, The Gap, and (of course) Apple Computer.
- Apple Cyber Monday deals — you can still save on Apple Watch, iPad and more
- Which iCloud+ or Apple One subscription is right for you?
- How to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Apple’s latest product? A pricey polishing cloth
- Apple iPhone 13 review: The iPhone for the masses