“The figures were revealed in a just released report from Point Topic, the London based market research group that tracks the broadband business worldwide.
“Most value-added services delivered over broadband increased in both users and total revenues. Services such as video over broadband, music and voice over IP (VoIP) all grew strongly” said John Bosnell, senior analyst at Point Topic and lead author of the report on the Consumer BVAS market.
According to the report the number of consumer broadband lines grew about 45 percent to 131 million, while consumer broadband access revenues increased by about 22 percent to $39 billion.
Price cuts by both DSL and cable operators were partly to blame for revenues growing slower than the number of lines. ”
Read more at InformationWeek
- The 100 best Android apps (October 2021)
- The best BBC iPlayer VPN for 2021
- Google has an ingenious plan to kill cookies — but there’s one big drawback
- Zoom had a blockbuster quarter as revenue more than quadruples
- Video game industry sales soared in May as coronavirus kept players playing