Sirius XM has a new radio receiver coming soon called the Lynx SXi1, a touchscreen-powered device that runs a modified version of the Android operating system. We know this because a now-removed Best Buy product page revealed the device to the Internet’s teeming masses before the retailer could pull the listing down.
The product page included an image (above) as well as a full set of details about the receiver (via Music Sink). It sports a micro SDHC slot, so you can bring along some of your own music as well as listening to Sirius XM content. There’s also a built-in wireless chip and multitouch support for the touchscreen display. The rechargeable battery delivers 30 hours of operation on a single charge, according to the product documentation.
Unfortunately, the one thing that was missing from the Best Buy page was a release date. Though with the product shot looking so final, “soon” is probably a safe bet. It looks like the Lynx will retail (at Best Buy at least) for $249.99.
- The Lynx Pro security camera will keep watching your back even sans power
- How SiriusXM is dominating in the Spotify era
- Demystify home audio with our ultimate A/V receiver buying guide
- Bring your car into the 21st century with Alpine’s hovering touchscreen display
- Google Home Mini vs. Amazon Echo Dot: Which is better?