FlashTrax XT, a palm-sized, portable multimedia player and video recorder, stores high-resolution images transferred from any flash memory card or video device and displays them on its 3.6″ LCD screen, on a TV or a projector. In addition, the user can enjoy music from a personal collection, listen to the built-in FM tuner, or watch slide shows while listening to music. A user-friendly screen display and control make video, image or music selection quick and easy. The LCD folds to ensure that both the screen and control buttons remain protected while on the go — a unique feature among portable multimedia players. With transfer speeds of up to 480MBps, FlashTrax XT can also serve as an external hard drive to transfer, store and access data. To facilitate portability, FlashTrax also includes a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery.
Pricing and Availability
Suggested retail price for FlashTrax XT is $399.99 for the 40GB version and $499.99 for the 80GB version. It will be available in early May through retailers and distributors, as well as through the company’s Web site at http://www.smartdisk.com.
- Music junkie? Here are the 25 best music apps for consuming and creating tunes
- Kickstarter: Gnarbox 2.0 offers automated media backups without a smartphone
- Everything you need to know about the Essential PH-1 phone
- Vizio P-Series (P65-E1) review
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Haptic bass straps, musical rings, and more