On this episode of Digital Trends Live, hosts Greg Nibler and Sam Slaughter detail the biggest stories in tech, including the first 3D scan of the coronavirus, Boeing’s passenger drone contest, a smartphone that detects live skin, an Indian politician who deepfakes election videos, bomb-sniffing cyborg grasshoppers, and more.
We then speak with Duncan Greatwood, chief executive officer of Xage Security, about security on the blockchain, and finding a universal, tamper-proof solution for industrial operations.
DT Senior Editor Drew Prindle then stops by to talk about awesome tech you can’t buy yet. This week, he discusses a new take on the classic cast-iron pan, new camera portrait lenses from Petzval, and a way to replace plastic cutlery with the “forkanife.”
Next upm Johan Attby, co-founder and CEO of Fishbrain, talks about the world’s largest fishing app for forecasts and gear.
Finally, Nibler speaks with John Rowland, president and co-founder of S²A, about how it is building electrically self-sustaining, custom luxury smart homes and commercial buildings.
- Govee gets into cubism with new light panels
- The Lenovo Smart Clock Essential drops Google Assistant for Alexa
- Bosch shows off security assistant and souped-up food processor at CES
- Ring launches much-awaited glass break sensor for Ring Alarm
- Wemo expands its home security lineup with a smart video doorbell