Read our full Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty review.
The classic 2-D platformer has been completely remade and will be released on PSN (for PS4 first) on July 22 in North America and July 23 in Europe. With the release only a week away, Oddworld Inhabitants has announced a couple of pre-order perks available to order ahead of those release dates.
The first bonus for “QuikBuyers” is a brand new level called “Alf’s Escape” featuring the origin story of Abe’s friend, Alf. Set in a new area of RuptureFarms and containing new puzzles, hazards, and specially recorded dialogue, this new piece of story will be released as DLC shortly after release at no extra cost to those who pre-order.
The second bonus is a costume for Abe, known as Scrub Abe. The costume is that of a traditional factory cleaner’s outfit (including striped loincloth and scalp cap) and will be available on release day.
Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty will be available for $30 in North America and £18/ €21 in Europe, and will support Sony’s cross-buy program, which means that purchasing the PS4 version of the game will unlock PS3 and PS Vita copies of the game as well.
- Masterwork gear in ‘Destiny 2’: Everything you need to know
- ‘Street Fighter V’ players will get bonuses if they allow in-game ads
- ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ parachutes onto PlayStation 4 on December 7
- Spawn creator suggests the antihero could appear in ‘Mortal Kombat 11’
- PlayStation Classic includes ‘Metal Gear Solid’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto’