Despite having its own press conference scheduled during the events of E3, Square Enix decided to unveil the next chapter of the Hitman franchise, simply titled Hitman, during Sony’s press conference. Little information was shared during the reveal, though Sony did announce exclusive beta access for PS4 owners, as well as six exclusive contracts native to only the PlayStation 4 version of the game.
A brief teaser trailer of Hitman ran during the reveal, showing off the game’s many gorgeous locales, as well as the franchise’s iconic protagonist. Last seen in 2012’s Hitman: Absolution — aside from a few mobile releases — Agent 47 appears as lethal as always, sporting his iconic handguns. Like usual, it appears 47 has taken to the task of once again ridding the streets of as many morally corrupt individuals as he can, all while donning the perfectly shaved bald head and stylish Italian suit and tie.
The teaser trailer didn’t provide a close look at gameplay. What it did provide was a deep sense of style reminiscent of a trailer for a new TV show. It’ll be interested to see if this translates to a campaign that lays story on thicker than the past, or if it’s simply E3 fluff.
After the press conference, IO Interactive confirmed Hitman would release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on December 8.
- Square Enix CEO has high hopes for Hitman despite parting ways with creator
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- ‘Beyond Good and Evil 2’: Here is everything we know so far
- Here’s everything we know about Hideo Kojima’s mysterious ‘Death Stranding’
- What the hell do we know about From Software’s next game?