Atari has found a way to pry open a Depp-driven treasure chest, by announcing it will be distributing Playlogic’sAge of Pirates: Caribbean Tales for Windows PCs beginning in September. Catch all the keywords in that title?
“Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is an exciting title to add to our PC line-up,” said Rick Mehler, Director of Marketing, Atari, Inc. “Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales provides a deep role playing experience that encourages development of captain, crew, ships, towns, fighting abilities, weapons and more. With a chest full of features, Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales is a treasure of a game.”
Developed by Russian game firm Akella (who also made Sea Dogs,Age of Sail II, and Pirates of the Caribbean, the game throws players into the pirate’s life in the 1800’s Caribbean as either Blaze or Beatrice, who command their own ship through naval engagements, sword fights, and quests, as well as loftier enterprises like conquering (and managing) colonies, trading goods, plundering convoys, and hoarding treasure. No word on whether you can bury it cleverly enough to stymie future generations.
The game features 16 sailing ships, varying weather, day and night cycles, multiplayer battles with up to 16 opponents, and multiple Deathmatch, Defend teh Convoy, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Fort scenarios.
- Who cares about loot? For ‘Sea of Thieves,’ Rare hid the real fun in the hijinks
- ‘Sea of Thieves’ beginners guide to sailing and plundering
- Join us as we live-stream the ‘Sea of Thieves’ closed beta
- How to team up and sail a galleon like an old salt in ‘Sea of Thieves’
- Twitch streamer reaches ‘Pirate Legend’ status in ‘Sea of Thieves’