Batman: Arkham City is very close now. October 18 might seem like a long way off, but it’ll be here before you know it. Since it’s now standard practice in the video game industry to release premium versions of AAA games packed with bonus content, WB Games is doing just that with the Batman: Arkham City Collector’s Edition, a $100 offering that’s been officially revealed today, with pictures.
Along with the game, the package will include a Batman statue by Kotobukiya, early access to the Iceberg Lounge Challenge Map and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns skin, a collectible artbook, four collectible cards, a digital copy of the soundtrack and an animated movie from Batman: Gotham Knight (or maybe the entire anthology, the press release isn’t clear). Hard to say if this tops the previous game’s Batarang pack-in, but Kotobukiya does some impressive work, as you can see here.
Rocksteady Studios’ follow-up to the Game of the Year-winning 2009 release Batman: Arkham Asylum has been wowing press everywhere just like its predecessor did. You can check out our hands-on preview of Arkham City from E3 2011 right here.
- The best Batman games of all time, ranked
- WB Montreal teases next Batman game with cryptic website
- Upcoming Batman, Suicide Squad games possibly leaked by domain registrations
- Batman: Arkham Collection, Lego Batman Trilogy now free on Epic Games Store
- Cyborg joins the cast of 'Injustice 2' in this new story trailer