If Activision had a collective fist, they might be shaking it in the general direction of the internet right now. For what may be the second time in a row, an upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack might have been leaked–the first time it came when an Australian retailer accidentally posted an image of the “Escalation” map pack before Activision made the official announcement. That turned out to be accurate, and the official announcement came roughly a week later.
This leak is still just a rumor coming from an unconfirmed source. The internet can be a treacherous place, and not only is it possible that someone created the image for their own amusement, it might even be likely. Still, there is precedent. Both the story and the image come from Modern Warfare 24/7, who also classifies this as a rumor, although one of the maps, Silo, does fit with another rumor the site heard back in May. If it is true though, it appears that we have four new competitive maps and one new zombie game on the way. They are:
Unnamed Zombie Map
The name of the map pack and the release date are not displayed (or are illegible), so we will have to wait patiently for our Activision overlords to confirm whether this is the official third map pack or not. More on this when there is more to tell.
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Huawei P20
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’ is real, and it’s out in October
- Did this comic listing reveal ‘Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 3’?
- Here’s everything we know about the OnePlus 6 so far