British developer Codemasters tweeted a teaser video for what appears to be a new game in their popular Grid racing franchise. Featuring bolts of color accompanied by the sounds of roaring engines, the brief video ends with the Grid logo, the date April 22, 2014 and the phrase “racing is coming.”
— GRID (@gridgame) April 17, 2014
The announcement was hinted at in an earlier Weekly Update post from Codemasters mentioning that, “the PR guys are preparing PR stuff and the Community Team are busy teasing something…” All signs point to a proper sequel, as a post from Codemasters dev “CodesLoore” on NeoGAF confirmed that the impending announcement would not be for DLC and that they had heard the fans about the widely requested and frequently-modded cockpit view. An additional tweet also confirmed that Tuesday’s announcement would not involve Android or iOS.
RT @BenWalke: Can officially confirm that next Tuesday's announcement will NOT have the words Android or iOS in them.
— GRID (@gridgame) April 18, 2014
- Here are some hilarious tweets to Amazon Alexa losing her voice
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- After delays, the SpaceX Falcon Heavy is set to launch on February 6
- Hidden clues uncover date and location of Google’s I/O 2018 conference
- Elon Musk wants to whisk you from NYC to DC in 30 minutes with a new Hyperloop