Just when you were starting to get a handle on the brutal puzzles and myriad mysteries of Dark Souls II, Bandai Namco Games and FromSoftware have announced an upcoming three-part DLC series, The Lost Crowns, to further expand on the game.
The first chapter, Crown of the Sunken King, sends you deep underground to recover the crown of Drangleic’s King Vendrick. Players must navigate a vast system of caverns filled with ancient, stepped pyramids that are guarded by ancient horrors. Their audacity in the face of adversity will be rewarded with relics of immense power.
Crown of the Sunken King is set for release on July 22 in the Americas. The following chapter, Crown of the Old Iron King comes out on August 26, and the final chapter, Crown of the Ivory King, follows on September 24. All three chapters will be available on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. A Season Pass deal has been announced for PC, but there’s no official word on a similar arrangement for other platforms.
- The best cheap-but-awesome PlayStation 4 game deals under $20
- Play ‘Destiny 2’ on PC for free: Here’s what you need to do
- From Software has two new games in the works. Is ‘Bloodborne 2’ one of them?
- The best Xbox One games you can get right now
- The best PlayStation 4 exclusives you can get right now