Read our full Destiny review.
The next public event in Bungie’s MMO shooter Destiny is set for coming weekend, and it should be live at the time of this writing. The Combined Arms playlist, teased the weekend after the game’s September 9 launch, runs from September 19 through September 21. It’s a weekend Crucible playlist — Crucible is Destiny‘s competitive multiplayer mode — that puts a special focus on the game’s vehicles. Expect many explosions.
Moving on into the following week and beyond, The Queen’s Wrath bounties should start to surface on September 23 and continue appearing through October 6. The promised new bounties and “challenging mission modes” carry hefty rewards, including unique rare and legendary gear. Also coming in October is the return of Iron Banner, a Crucible event in which all level advantages are active.
You can find a few additional details in Bungie’s latest update. We’ll see you in the Tower!
- Love is in the air with the ‘Destiny 2’ Crimson Days event
- ‘Destiny 2’ players will have to wait a bit longer for new Nightfall rewards
- Bungie outlines its plan for ‘Destiny 2’ content through May
- Dominate multiplayer with our ‘Destiny 2’ Crucible guide
- Destiny’s ‘The Dawning’ holiday event is live now in ‘Destiny 2’