UK racing games developer Evolution Studios (World Rally Championship and MotorStorm series) has finally announced that their upcoming PlayStation 4 exclusive, Driveclub, will be released on October 7. The ” innovative, socially connected racing game” was originally slated as a PS4 launch title, but has been pushed back to give the devs time to make sure the title fulfills its potential.
That October 7 date is becoming more and more crowded all the time, and Driveclub is going to face some stiff competition. Alien: Isolation, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor are all scheduled to release on the same day. When it does debut, Driveclub will stick to its initial plan of offering two versions of the game. The first will be a traditional retail release, featuring all of the game’s content; the second will offer a trimmed down version free to PlayStation Plus members who can try the game out and purchase additional content later.
Check out the new trailer below and gawk at those next-gen cars. It looks like they’ll need to make your living room smell like exhaust and motor oil if developers want to push realism any further for racing games.
- PlayStation 5 release date in 2020 confirmed? PSVR 2 also on the way
- Resident Evil to sink its teeth into Nintendo Switch with addition of 3 games
- ‘Fortnite’ will get a little bit chillier when Season 7 blows in this week
- Need a new tablet? The best iPad deals for January 2019
- YouTube on Nintendo Switch may finally become reality on November 8