The first of the promised, free content updates for EA Sports’ NHL 15 is available now for download on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The update adds Playoff Mode, an offline bracket tournament for up to 16 teams that you can select from the NHL or up to 12 different leagues. You can play out or simulate every game and track stats on the players and teams over the course of the tournament. Coach Feedback will provide a breakdown of your performance between shifts, giving you tips on how to improve your play. Specific grades are awarded for Position, Team Play, and Stats to help guide your progress. At the end of each game you will also now see the pro hockey standby, 3 Stars, giving stats for the top three players in a given match.
Finally, Hockey Ultimate Team has been updated with new layouts and improved menus. There are new animations for player items, and an improved edit lines screen to help you identify players with injuries or in need of contract extensions.
More free updates are coming down the pipe, including the addition of Online Team Play and a GM Rookie Draft for the Be a GM mode. These and Playoff Mode will help address our main concern about the game’s lack of content relative to its previous iterations.
- No TV? No problem. Get your March Madness fill online with our full list
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Overwatch League
- Ditch the cart and look at the Garmin Approach X10 to see the whole golf course
- Ubisoft’s ‘Sam’ A.I. wants to help you play video games
- Epic Games is pulling the plug on ‘Paragon’ after the success of ‘Fortnite’