Sony is offering a free weekend of online multiplayer gaming to everyone with a PlayStation 4, giving a tantalizing taste of what PlayStation Plus has to offer. From 12:01am on Friday, September 26, 2014 through 11:59pm on Sunday, September 28 (Pacific time) all you have to do is load up any game with online multiplayer while your console is connected to the internet and have at it. This will give you a chance to try out the multiplayer components of recent titles like Destiny, Madden 15, and Diablo III.
If you catch the online multiplayer bug and want more past this weekend, check out some of the other features that a PlayStation Plus subscription includes, like free and discounted games and cloud saving. Subscriptions cost around $50 per year, but various retailers offer occasional discounts if you keep a sharp eye out.
- Nintendo Switch vs. PlayStation 4: Which console should you buy?
- ‘Deus Ex: Mankind Divided’ headlines January’s free PlayStation Plus games
- ‘Rime’ leads the charge for February’s PlayStation Plus offerings
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pen vs. HP Spectre x360
- Twitch will hand out a batch of games each month to Prime members