If Madden NFL 15‘s adorable “Tiny Titan” glitch got you laughing, then you’ll love what happens next. EA Tiburon noted the glory of the technical hiccup that rendered Cleveland Browns rookie linebacker Christian Kirksey — appearing in a Tennessee Titans uniform as part of a Madden Ultimate Team challenge — as a foot-tall microplayer and decided to run with it.
Instead of attempting to snuff the technical hiccup out of existence, the dev embraced the hilarity of a one foot tall defender as a legitimate defensive threat and is now openly endorsing it as a proper weekend challenge, per a Twitter pronouncement.
— Madden Ultimate Team (@EASPORTS_MUT) September 5, 2014
So if you missed your chance to see the Tiny Titan in action, all is not lost. Here’s your second shot. Bravo to EA Sports for having a sense of humor and recognizing a case where popular opinion necessitates a more playful approach. The real NFL could stand to learn a thing or two from this.
- Madden NFL 21’s next-gen upgrade is out now, minus online support for PS5
- Madden NFL 21 getting community-requested tweaks to Franchise mode
- Electronic Arts will remove Washington Redskins name, logo in Madden NFL 21
- EA renews Madden exclusivity deal with NFL, NFLPA
- Madden NFL 20 review: Get ready to run