BioWare, a division of Electronic Arts (EA), might be more excited for the premier of its trailer for Mass Effect 2 than we are. The lucky game developers landed an ideal television spot this Sunday as Mass Effect 2 will appear on national television to over 35 million expected viewers during the NFC Championships. The new video game will appear in “an explosive two minute” trailer that leads into the white-knuckle excitement of the NFC Championship’s fourth quarter. EA says the football fans and gamers alike will be on the edge of their seats during the brief, yet action-packed Mass Effect 2 trailer. The trailer will be led by Commander Shepard in the full-length gameplay trailer that will be uncut and displayed on the big screen.
The Mass Effect trilogy is an epic science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players get to step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding a crew of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it’s potentially suicidal. EA claims the new game features intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, stunning space exploration and emotionally engaging characters. Mass Effect 2 is scheduled for release on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system and PC on January 26, 2010 in North America and January 29, 2010 in Europe.
- EA’s Origin Access adds other publishers’ games, including ‘Batman: Arkham City’
- ‘Anthem,’ BioWare’s ambitious answer to ‘Destiny,’ reportedly pushed to 2019
- Electronic Arts again ditches E3 in favor of EA Play event in June
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018