Read our full Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor review.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor arrives on September 30, 2014, and it’s looking every bit as strong as early looks suggested it would be. Thank the game’s dynamic Nemesis System, which fuels the story progression with a changing roster of villains that your own actions can influence.
The story follows Talion, a dead ranger resurrected by the wraith of an elf, Celebrimbor. Both Talion and his savior have some issues with Sauron, the ruler of Mordor and the orc armies that dwell there. Over the course of the game, you explore the deadly land and re-purpose Sauron’s army as the sword edge in your quest for vengeance.
This new video from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and developer Monolith Productions amounts to a primer, offering a top-level rundown of every major feature, system, and key story point in the game. If you’re interested in Shadow of Mordor but haven’t spent a ton of time reading up on it, this video right here will catch you up.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor comes to PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms on Tuesday, September 30.
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- Casting call! Who should Amazon cast in the Lord of the Rings series?
- 65 inches. 4K. 120Hz. Nvidia’s BFGD is all the monitor you will ever need
- ‘Dragon Ball FighterZ’ review