After forgoing a traditional press conference in favor of a Nintendo Direct livestream at last year’s E3 conference, Nintendo announced today that they will build on this model by hosting a “Digital Event” at 9am PT on June 10. The announcement came in the form of a video produced in partnership with gaming humorists Mega64. Featuring cheesy effects, questionable acting, and Nintendo America president Reggie Fils-Aime with laser eyes, the whole thing is delightfully strange.
The video also drops that Nintendo will be hosting an invitational Smash Bros. tournament at E3 in LA. The game will also be available for fans to try out at Best Buy stores across the country during the conference, which runs from June 10-12, 2014. It also announced that members of Nintendo of America’s secretive Treehouse team will be live-streaming from the floor at E3.
- For the first time ever, PlayStation will be a no-show at E3
- Here’s how to watch the ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Nintendo Direct event on November 1
- Microsoft leaps into game streaming across devices with Project xCloud
- Nintendo could Switch things up with an updated console in 2019
- Resident Evil to sink its teeth into Nintendo Switch with addition of 3 games