After forgoing a traditional press conference in favor of a Nintendo Direct livestream at last year’s E3 conference, Nintendo announced today that they will build on this model by hosting a “Digital Event” at 9am PT on June 10. The announcement came in the form of a video produced in partnership with gaming humorists Mega64. Featuring cheesy effects, questionable acting, and Nintendo America president Reggie Fils-Aime with laser eyes, the whole thing is delightfully strange.
The video also drops that Nintendo will be hosting an invitational Smash Bros. tournament at E3 in LA. The game will also be available for fans to try out at Best Buy stores across the country during the conference, which runs from June 10-12, 2014. It also announced that members of Nintendo of America’s secretive Treehouse team will be live-streaming from the floor at E3.
- Microsoft changes its E3 2018 venue, promises larger presence
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Microsoft’s E3 2018 showcase may break from the typical formula
- Get ready, gamers — E3 2018 tickets go on sale to the public February 12