Nintendo’s Amiibo figurines are finally available to pre-order from online retailers. There are 18 total figures listed. Most of those are scheduled for a November 21 release alongide Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but a few are currently listed for December 31. The figures cost $13 each, though some retailers may offer discounted bundles.
The following figurines have been listed as going on sale November 21:
- Donkey Kong
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Animal Crossing Villager
These remaining figurines are marked for a December 31 release:
- Diddy King
- Little Mac
- Captain Falcon
Pre-orders are currently available through Target, GameStop, Best Buy, and Walmart. They’ve been up on Amazon prior to this announcement. Check out their sites for possible bundles of figurine included with Smash Bros.
The Amiibo figurines, revealed at E3 earlier this year, are Nintendo’s take on Skylanders’ approach to integrating persistent, physical toys with digital games. The figures of popular Nintendo characters can be dropped into various games via an NFC scanner on the Wii U gamepad o a 3DS peripheral. Currently we only have a sense of how they will work in Super Smash Bros as customizable AI fighters with growing stats that you can fight alongside or against.
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- 10 new characters we want to see in ‘Super Smash Bros. for Switch’
- Check out the best Nintendo Switch deals and bundles for April 2018
- Nintendo filed a patent for a curious trading card set that uses Amiibo tech
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ is coming to Nintendo Switch with the Inklings in tow