New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did battle in the unreleased Mortal Kombat X with Conan O’Brien officiating, in anticipation of this weekend’s upcoming Super Bowl XLIX showdown.
The series’ notorious gore is on display in brutal fatalities that are actually a little much for Conan, but also for Marshawn, which is surprising coming from a guy who calls himself “Beast Mode.” His gaming preferences are a bit more whimsical, with Mario Kart his preferred way to unwind. The players also demonstrate for Conan their touchdown dance moves before O’Brien shows them an elaborate scoring pantomime of his own.
Despite Rob’s best efforts to give Marshawn a thorough Gronking, the Seahawks running back’s tested (and uncomfortably sexual looking) button mashing technique carries him to the day’s overall victory. O’Brien, a Boston native, initially lets his hometown bias rule and calls the match a draw, but retracts the tie and offers the prize to its rightful winner when Gronkowski makes a lewd joke with the grotesque trophy.
Mortal Kombat X, developed by NetherRealm Studios, is set to arrive on PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms on April 14, 2015.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition comes with a life-size Scorpion mask
- Spawn creator suggests the antihero could appear in ‘Mortal Kombat 11’
- ‘Mortal Kombat 11’ is even gorier and crazier than we expected
- Here’s what’s new on Hulu and what’s leaving in February 2019
- Just imagine if these wacky ‘Apple products’ launched in 2019