New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch did battle in the unreleased Mortal Kombat X with Conan O’Brien officiating, in anticipation of this weekend’s upcoming Super Bowl XLIX showdown.
The series’ notorious gore is on display in brutal fatalities that are actually a little much for Conan, but also for Marshawn, which is surprising coming from a guy who calls himself “Beast Mode.” His gaming preferences are a bit more whimsical, with Mario Kart his preferred way to unwind. The players also demonstrate for Conan their touchdown dance moves before O’Brien shows them an elaborate scoring pantomime of his own.
Despite Rob’s best efforts to give Marshawn a thorough Gronking, the Seahawks running back’s tested (and uncomfortably sexual looking) button mashing technique carries him to the day’s overall victory. O’Brien, a Boston native, initially lets his hometown bias rule and calls the match a draw, but retracts the tie and offers the prize to its rightful winner when Gronkowski makes a lewd joke with the grotesque trophy.
Mortal Kombat X, developed by NetherRealm Studios, is set to arrive on PlayStation, Windows, and Xbox platforms on April 14, 2015.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition comes with a life-size Scorpion mask
- ‘Mortal Kombat 11’ is even gorier and crazier than we expected
- Get over here! All the details on next week’s Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta
- Here’s all the biggest news from the February 2019 Inside Xbox event
- The ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum’ trailer has finally arrived