By no coincidence, the free weekend is part of a larger sale for games published by 2K that is also running this weekend, reducing the price of the publisher’s entire catalog by up to 80-percent. That includes some of our favorite (and most universally praised) games from the last few years, such as Civilization V, BioShock Infinite, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within.
It is now also possible to pre-order the next iteration of the Borderlands franchise, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. If you’ve never played Borderlands 2, there’s no better time to check it out. With a complete cycle of DLC already out in the wild, there’s more than enough gameplay to keep you occupied for the rest of the summer before the fall 2014 release madness begins.
- ‘Borderlands 3’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Amazon Prime members can snag ‘SteamWorld Dig 2’, four others for free
- Twitch will hand out a batch of games each month to Prime members
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- EA’s Origin Access adds other publishers’ games, including ‘Batman: Arkham City’