Devolver Digital and Majesco have worked out a distribution deal that will see the 2013 remake of Shadow Warrior slice its way on to PS4 and Xbox One in late September at a suggested retail price of $40. The two publishers will split distribution duties, with Devolver handling digital release and Majesco managing the retail side.
The game is a remake of the 1997 cult classic, telling the story of Lo Wang’s ‘comical rise to legend’ as he searches for a legendary blade in a world pushed to the brink of destruction by a demonic invasion. Maintaining the flavor of the original, the game is steeped in tongue-in-cheek humor, gratuitous violence, and stereotypical characters that give it an ineffable low brow charm.
“Our fans have been very vocal about bringing Shadow Warrior to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One so we’re absolutely thrilled to be working with our friends at Majesco to put Wang in a box later this year,” says Devolver Digital CFO Fork Parker.
See the game in action below.
- ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ remake studio Bluepoint will restore another game
- ‘Shadow of the Colossus’ Remake review
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Xbox One S vs. Xbox One X: Is the costly upgrade worth the money?
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold