EA kicked off its 2014 E3 presentation with a behind-the-scenes look at the development of DICE’s upcoming Star Wars: Battlefront. The Swedish developers are fans first and foremost, and the trailer focuses on their efforts to honor the films’ legacy and create the Star Wars game that they have dreamed about for their entire lives.
In order to stay true to the core of the Star Wars universe, Lucasfilm has granted DICE unprecedented access to the actual models and props used in the original films. They have also returned to the films’ original locations to capture their precise look and feel. Their effort seem to be paying off, as the limited in-game footage they showed really looks like it could have been lifted directly from the films.
Little else is yet known about the actual gameplay, however. Presumably the new game will continue with the well-loved series’ focus on large-scale multiplayer battles that combine both on-foot and vehicular combat.
- ‘Battlefield V’ pushed back to November, but you can play the beta next week
- Early ‘Battlefield V’ closed alpha gameplay is simply breathtaking
- ‘Battlefield V’ goes all-in on multiplayer customization, team-focused play
- The best NES games of all time
- The Ferrari from ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’ heads to the auction block