The August 2014 offering for Microsoft’s Xbox Games With Gold program makes two games for Xbox One and two games for Xbox 360 temporarily free to download for Xbox Live Gold members.
Xbox One launch title Crimson Dragon will be available all month long. The game is an on-rails shooter in which you fly around on the back of a dragon; it’s from the creator of the Panzer Dragoon series and is said to be a spiritual successor to those games. Also available on Xbox One for the duration of August is Strike Suit Zero, a space combat sim from Born Again Studios that stands out for its titular ship, which transforms into a Gundam-style robot.
For the Xbox 360, and only available for the first half of August (from August 1-15), Microsoft is making Motocross Madness, a reimagining of the PC game of the same name from 1998, available to Xbox Live Gold members. And for the back half of August (from August 16-31), Xbox 360 gamers will be able to get their hands on Arkane Studios’ Dishonored for free. The stealth-action game follows the bodyguard to an Empress as he attempts to clear his name after he’s framed for her murder (read our review of it here).
All of these games are free to download for the length of their Games With Gold availability, but you can keep them as long as you want afterward (provided you keep your Xbox Live Gold subscription).
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- Tomb Raider, ‘Army of Two’ arrive in January’s Xbox Games with Gold
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold
- Xbox Game Pass to get all future first-party Xbox One games at release
- ‘State of Decay 2’ spreads its infection to Xbox One and PC this May