Developer Capybara Games is best known for its critically praised iOS game Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP, and the buzz surrounding that project has led to much speculation regarding the next game to emerge from the Canadian studio. Well, we now have a name, a description, and our first screenshot from the much-anticipated next title from Capybara, Super T.I.M.E. Force.
Planned as an entry in the Independent Games Festival next March, Super T.I.M.E. Force is set in the year “198X” and features “an elite squad of time-traveling badasses.”
THE YEAR: 198X
THE PROBLEM: EVERYTHING’S GONE TO SHIT
THE MISSION: ERASE HISTORY’S DUMB MISTAKES
THE GOAL: MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE FOR YOU AND ME
THE TEAM: T.I.M.E (TEMPORAL INEVITABILITY MANIPULATION EXPERTS), AN ELITE SQUAD OF TIME-TRAVELING BADASSES
QUALIFICATIONS: MAXIMUM BADASSERY
ALSO: THEY HOLD PATENTS ON TIME TRAVEL GEAR THAT NO ONE HAS
THE PLAN: JUMP THROUGH TIME AND KILL STUFF THAT NEVER SHOULD’VE HAPPENED
FOR INSTANCE: COVERT ALIEN INVASIONS, NAZIS, BOY BANDS, ETC.
THE CATCH: ALTERING PRE-EXISTING EVENTS IN SPACE-TIME COULD HAVE DIRE CONSEQUENCES
– PISSING OFF GOD
– TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL MATTER OF EXISTENCE
– ACCIDENTALLY DATING YOUR MOTHER
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: UNCERTAIN
THE RISK: WORTH IT
WHEN DO THEY START: NOW!
At first glance, the game looks like an old-school shooter, but as many learned from Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP, Capybara has a knack for putting a unique spin on old-school environments.
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Joaquin Phoenix is reportedly in talks to play the Joker in stand-alone film
- 20 awesome indie games you should be playing right now
- ‘Kerbal Space Program’ expansion lifts off March 13 on PC
- From horror fests to shoot-’em-ups, here are the 20 best Oculus Rift games