Continuing its line of World War II real-time strategy games, THQ announced the third addition to the Company of Heroes series on Monday with Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor. The next title will include three single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes, and an all-new “direct fire” feature.
The most intriguing new change to gameplay for existing fans of the series will likely be the addition of direct fire. Though developer Relic hasn’t completely explained how it will work, the compant claims it will give players more tactical control of their units and strategic options in the game.
“With fresh new campaigns and multiplayer modes, brand-new units, additional maps and the introduction of the ‘direct-fire’ feature, we’re once again committed to delivering the best in strategic gaming,” said Relic’s general manager Tarrnie Williams, in a statement.
Currently, the title is slated for a spring 2009 release.
- Prepare to fight: ‘Battlefield V’ could include a battle royale mode
- Cue the fireworks: ‘Overwatch’ Lunar New Year event has arrived
- ‘H1Z1’ finally leaves early access alongside new ‘Auto Royale’ mode
- ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ patch introduces explosive new game mode
- ’Scribblenauts Showdown’ review