Although Christopher Nolan’s next film, Interstellar, won’t be released until November 7, 2014, Paramount and Warner Bros. have released the first trailer for the film. Most of the trailer is filled with stock footage hinting at the history of flight leading up to space travel, but there are a few glimpses of actual film footage, and the whole thing is presented with the soothing tones of Matthew McConaughey in a voice over.
The trailer doesn’t really hint at much beyond the fact space travel is involved – something that’s backed up by, ya know, the title of the film. There are still a lot of questions revolving around the plot of Interstellar. According to the plot synopsis though, a team of scientists and explorers are sent to investigate a newly discovered wormhole connecting Earth to a different region of space. There are also said to be hints at time travel and alternate dimensions.
Interstellar stars McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, and Michael Caine. The script is written by Nolan and his brother Jonathan. The siblings previously worked together on The Prestige, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, and Jonathan’s short story became the basis for Momento.
- Everything we know about Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ movie
- Here is everything we know so far about ‘Westworld’ season 2
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- From ‘E.T.’ to ‘Baby Driver,’ these are the best movie soundtracks of all time