The Xperia Play will launch in mid-April stateside, but it’s already up from pre-order via Vodafone in the UK. According to the site, the gaming smartphone will launch on March 31. But the early release date isn’t the only thing to get excited about: The data plans could be heaven-sent for some gamers.
At least on Vodafone’s plan, the phone will be available for free provided you want to pay a minimum of £35 a month for two years. And if you’re able to pay that monthly pricetag and still look at your phone a free, you’ll be even more excited by the preloaded games the Vodafone Xperia Play comes with: Crash Brandicoot, FIFA 2010, Star Battalion, Tetris, The Sims 3, and Bruce Lee.
If you opt for a payment plan of £30 a month, the phone is £99 (and that plan only gives you 500 texts). Sure, these plans and prices don’t apply to us, but consider our interest piqued. We’re more than ready to see how US carriers are going to package the phone – and we only have a month more to wait.
- Palm (2018): Everything you need to know
- You forgot all about these 6 phones of 2018. Prepare to forget them again
- October was a smartphone smorgasbord. Here are all the new releases you missed
- When is your phone getting Android 9.0 Pie? We asked every major manufacturer
- Which smartphone manufacturers won and lost in 2018