The Xperia Play will launch in mid-April stateside, but it’s already up from pre-order via Vodafone in the UK. According to the site, the gaming smartphone will launch on March 31. But the early release date isn’t the only thing to get excited about: The data plans could be heaven-sent for some gamers.
At least on Vodafone’s plan, the phone will be available for free provided you want to pay a minimum of £35 a month for two years. And if you’re able to pay that monthly pricetag and still look at your phone a free, you’ll be even more excited by the preloaded games the Vodafone Xperia Play comes with: Crash Brandicoot, FIFA 2010, Star Battalion, Tetris, The Sims 3, and Bruce Lee.
If you opt for a payment plan of £30 a month, the phone is £99 (and that plan only gives you 500 texts). Sure, these plans and prices don’t apply to us, but consider our interest piqued. We’re more than ready to see how US carriers are going to package the phone – and we only have a month more to wait.
- Here’s how to buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in the United Kingdom
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra vs. Moto X4: 2018’s new midrange challenger
- Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra, XA2, and L2 hands-on review
- Sony Xperia XA2 vs. HTC U11 Life: Can Sony rule the midrange market?
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact vs. XZ1 Compact: What a difference a year makes