Konami has shared a video of its full theater presentation from E3 last week, including a live gameplay demonstration of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The demo shows off the variety of tactical options Snake has at his disposal for planning and executing an enemy base infiltration.
As promised, MGS V really leans into open design, giving you a toybox full of options with which to tackle the problem at hand. The classic cardboard box is back and better than ever, along with other fan favorites like the Fulton Recovery System for launching knocked-out enemies (or pretty much anything that isn’t bolted down) up into the sky. The video does a great job of demonstrating how these tools can be used in ways perpendicular to their intended design (like knocking a guard out with a supply crate drop), which wonderfully encourages experimentation and out-of-the-box (pun intended) thinking.
We have a more extensive preview with out hands-on impressions coming down the pipe, so let this video whet your appetite. The actual gameplay starts around :50.
- Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection continues the series’ endless relevance
- Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater: release date speculation, developer, trailers, and more
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is getting a full remake on PS5, Xbox, and PC
- Metal Slug Tactics combines strategy RPGs with the classic shoot-’em-up formula
- Gears 5 Escape hands-on: If the entire game is this good, get hyped