Nintendo is partnering with PDP to produce a Wired Fight Pad controller for the Wii and Wii U. The controller is supposedly “inspired by” the GameCube controller, but the image released bears little to no resemblance. It does, however, bear a striking resemblance to the Fightpad that PDP developed for the Xbox 360, button placement, asymmetry and all.
Regardless, serious Smash Bros. fans will no doubt be pleased to have the option to fight with something a little meatier than the Wii U’s current controller options. The Fight Pad will also work with any games on the Wii and Wii U that support the Classic Controller and the Classic Controller Pro, as well as some of Nintendo’s Virtual Console Games.
The Wired Fight Pad will be available at the Super Smash Bros. launch this holiday season for $25.
- My Nintendo rewards program will soon offer free Switch games
- Nintendo Switch sales figures are on pace with PlayStation 4
- Nintendo Switch passes lifetime sales of Wii U in less than one year
- Nvidia Shield supports Wii games like ‘New Super Mario Bros.’ — in China
- Nintendo declares Switch the fastest-selling home console in U.S. history