Xbox Entertainment Studios is looking to expand its upcoming programming with a new untitled scripted comedy about former pro skaters, according to Deadline. The show marks the first script purchased by Xbox Entertainment, and is written by How to Make it in America’s Ian Edelman.
The project joins two other live action shows in development at Xbox Entertainment. The first is Steven Spielberg’s live action Halo series, which was revealed during the Xbox One’s unveiling. The second is Every Street United, an unscripted reality show spanning eight 30 minute episodes, with each episode focusing on street soccer in a different country.
The scripted series will be presented in 30 minute episodes, and focus on the lives of four ex-pro skaters living together in Los Angeles. Beyond that, not much is known yet regarding the new series. Edelman will act as showrunner and skater-turned-TV personality Rob Dyrdek is attached as executive producer. No air date has been mentioned, but expect more news, including casting, in the coming months.
- Tomb Raider, ‘Army of Two’ arrive in January’s Xbox Games with Gold
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early
- It’s not just for gaming: How to watch Blu-rays on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- Get ‘Crazy Taxi’ and assassinate in 2D with February’s Xbox Games With Gold