Under the deal, the Getty Images site will have a page for Flickr users. Those photos will be available for sale to publications, and the money will go to the Flickr user.
Getty will select the Flickr users, but expects to have several thousand images available over the coming months.
Flickr general manager Kakul Srivastava said:
"This partnership is testimony to the Flickr community of photographers who have influenced the aesthetics of photography with authentic, creative and cutting-edge images which will now be available to Getty Images’ customers around the world."
- HP is having a huge sale on laptops and monitors — Here are the best deals
- How to buy a refurbished Mac or MacBook computer
- Best Windows apps for 2021
- Best Buy is having a FLASH SALE on TVs today — here are the best deals
- Best Black Friday Deals 2021: The Ultimate Shopping Guide