Design Within Reach (DWR) is giving outdoor furniture a whole new look and feel with their Chester Lit collection. The seating assortment includes a Chesterfield sofa and armchair that come with a light fixture installed inside the chairs. Access to the light fixture is provided via an opening on the bottom of the furniture. The light comes with a ten-foot cord that can plug into a standard 120-volt outlet and, according to DWR, is UL rated.
The collection was designed for DWR by Italian designers Raffaella Mangiarotti and Matteo Bazzicalupo, popular designers who have work featured in the Museum of Modern Art’s permanent collection.
According to DWR, the chairs come with a drainage system that helps remove water that would normally build-up on outdoor furniture.
- Renovate your man cave around the 2018 color of the year: Black Flame
- Buying furniture online is a gamble. The Mine wants to use AR to improve the experience
- 5 La-Z-Boy Recliners That Would Look Great in Your Man Cave
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear Shell hands-on review
- Here are our picks for the best high-tech furniture for your home