“Apple is currently on track to finish up the first version of its iTunes software for mobile phones by June, sources have told Think Secret. The software, which is currently named iTunes Mobile 1.0, has been in development since last year, when Apple and Motorola announced a joint partnership to develop an iTunes-compatible phone.
The Motorola phone is scheduled for release in the second-half of the year, Motorola and Apple executives have both said, but the companies have reportedly faced difficulties finding service providers who will carry the device. ”
We posted a news story yesterday saying that Verizon and Sprint have no plans to carry the new iTunes phones. Verizon, Cingular and Sprint have plans to introduce their own music download services later this year.
Read more at ThinkSecret
- Don’t listen to the guy at the mall. How to pick the best smartphone data plan
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- Save up to $800 with the best smartphone deals for March 2018
- Here’s everything you need to know about Google’s Project Fi
- These 100 best iPhone apps will turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades