Mozilla is moving fast with the mobile version of its Firefox browser. The beta version, dubbed Fennec, has been released, but according to Vnunet, it’s currently only available for the Nokia N810 and N800 Internet tablets.
It’s still very much a work in progress, currently with Flash disabled, but with a PC emulator that lets developers try out capabilities on other platforms.
According to Mozilla Mark Finkle:
“Fennec is being tested pretty hard now, and by people who love to find bugs. We are finding and fixing lots of issues now. It’s not entirely landed yet and will likely get some tweaks as we iterate on the design.”
Mozilla has plans to release a version for Windows Mobile soon.
- Web browsers on the Fire TV make second screens a thing of the past
- You can build your own smart home hub with Mozilla’s Project Things
- The best browsers for surfing the web
- The latest Firefox revs up browsing by stitching more threads into your CPU
- Microsoft misses another Edge-related 90-day security disclosure deadline