Engadget got its hands on more leaked pictures, this time showing a new Sony Ericsson device. While it isn’t the rumored PlayStation phone, this new Ericsson model appears to be packing a big photographic punch. As you can see from the picture below the device appears to have a very large front-facing camera. Could this hint at a focus on facial recognition or video calls? Maybe HD video?
The images come from a Picasa account filled with test pictures and seems to be on the Vodafone Germany network. More interesting, one of the pictures shows Sony’s Timescape UI, a modification of Android 3.0 (Gingerbread). Like many Android manufacturers, Sony is choosing to modify the core Google Android interface to make its devices look slicker and different from the competition.
Also interesting is the lack of a search button on the bottom of the unit, a common feature of Android phones. Pocketnow guesses that the device is codenamed “Hallon” and has a model number of MT15i.
What do you think of the new device?
- MWC 2018: Everything we saw from Samsung, Sony, Motorola, and more
- Google’s new recommendation program showcases the best phones for business
- Who you gonna call? ‘Ghostbusters World’ AR game will slime phones in 2018
- Sony’s Xperia XZ2 smartphones have better Super Slow Motion than the Galaxy S9
- LG phones are about to change as it adopts a gutsy new strategy