With the integration of RealNetworks’ industry-leading Helix Universal Mobile Product suite, mobile operators will have access to technology that enables them to deliver and control media traffic on their network. Compelling content such as music, news, sports and entertainment can be streamed across both 2.5 and 3G networks in RealAudio and RealVideo and in 3GPP-compliant formats.
“The combination of Siemens expertise in mobile applications and solutions and RealNetworks’ experience in media delivery technology provides a compelling solution for mobile operators looking to offer their consumers the next generation of services.” said Lee Joseph, general manager Mobile Business Unit, RealNetworks. “Our Helix Universal Mobile Product suite provides a tested solution for delivering both RealAudio and RealVideo as well as standards based media to consumers.”
The Helix Universal Server – Mobile, Helix Universal Gateway – Mobile, and Helix Service Delivery Suite (SDS) are robust media delivery and management products optimised for deployment in mobile networks. Dozens of mobile network operators in Europe, Asia, and the Americas have deployed media delivery solutions based on the Helix Universal Mobile platform.
Other stories worth checking out:
- 5G is coming — here’s what to expect, and when to expect it on your carrier
- Interesed in Verizon Fios? Here’s everything you need to know
- Nokia and DoCoMo enter partnership to supply Tokyo with 5G networks by 2020
- BlackBerry sues Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram over messaging services
- A commercial version of HoloLens is available to rent in the U.S. and Canada