If you are thinking of switching carriers anytime soon, and you don’t want a Verizon iPhone, you’d be wise to check out T-Mobile this weekend. The underdog carrier has announced a Valentine’s Day promotion where it’s offering any one of its devices free with a two-year contract. Yep, any of them. Tomorrow (Feb 11) and Saturday (Feb. 12), any phone, including the myTouch 4G, HTC HD7, T-Mobile G2, and Samsung Vibrant are free. All four of these are great Android and Windows Phone 7 devices.
T-Mobile has another promotion for a $10/mo data plan. You might want to skip this option if you buy a smartphone. It only gives you 200MB of data, a nearly unusably low amount if you do anything more than check email. Still, T-Mobile’s voice and data plans are comparable, if not a bit lower, than other carriers.
For those of you who make the switch, let us know what you think of T-Mobile and its “4G” network. How does it compare to your last carrier?
- Don’t listen to the guy at the mall. How to pick the best smartphone data plan
- The best unlimited data plan: Verizon vs. T-Mobile vs. AT&T vs. Sprint
- The best cheap phone plans save you cash without sacrificing service
- How to switch phone carriers like a pro and avoid early termination fees
- Here’s everything you need to know about Google’s Project Fi