Claiming to be the #1 Twitter application, UberTwitter has finally arrived on the iPhone. The company has announced a variety of features for the iPhone app. In addition to traditional Twitter client features – such as composing and sending tweets, retweeting, direct messaging and embedded link shortening – UberTwitter allows users to read tweets faster and more easily.
As the company explains on their site, “Either by tapping the tweet in portrait mode or turning the phone to landscape mode, users will be able to view and use content from any embedded link (e.g., webpage, photo or video) instantaneously without leaving the app or opening a new page within an app.” This is known as the UberView preview and is one of the more innovative features UberTwitter provides.
The current version is still in beta, with the 1.0 version on track for December.
UberTwitter is entering a crowded market in the Apps store with competitors such as TweetDeck and HootSuite having already created iPhone applications long before UberTwitter’s arrival. Will its UberView feature be enough to woo Twitter users over? Only time will tell.
- Twitter is killing its Mac app, but do you even really care?
- Twitter ends support for its Mac application
- Twitter is finally working to purge those bots by limiting mass tweets
- Twitter’s new share tools mean enjoying tweets at any time
- Twitter now estimates that 1.4M users interacted with fake Russian posts