Originally released in merry old England back in June, Black Death is set in the year 1348, during the worst days of the Bubonic Plague. Directed by Christopher Smith (Triangle, Severance), the film stars Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings).
In a small medieval English town ravaged by the plague, the black death has left the villagers unscathed. The church sends out a group of warriors led by the knight Ulrich (Bean), to hunt for a suspected necromancer who is said to be able to bring the dead back to life, and has possibly made a deal with the devil. As they approach the village, things get progressively worse, and rumors of sacrifice and a beautiful witch reach the group. Things then go badly for the group. Very, very badly.
Check out the trailer below and look for it in limited release on March 11, 2011.
- Here is our list of the best movies on Netflix right now
- Some HomePod users say the device leaves ring stains on wooden furniture
- Here are the problems plaguing the PlayStation 4 (and possible solutions)
- More than free shipping: The best movies on Amazon Prime right now
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’