When you reach the fifth installment in a series, it is time to pull out all the stops. That seems to be the route being taken in Fast Five, when characters from every installment of the Fast and Furious series return to destroy Brazil.
The Fast crew returns, this time to the streets of Rio de Janeiro. Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his BFFs are targeting a corrupt Brazilian businessman, while they themselves are being chased by FBI Agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson). The various groups then bend the laws of physics to pull off some incredible driving and fighting tricks.
Directed by Justin Lin (Fast & Furious, Annapolis), the film also stars Paul Walker, Jordana Brewster, Tyrese Gibson and Ludacris. It will be released in theaters on IMAX on April 29, 2011.
- Between the Streams: Tarantino’s R-rated Star Trek, Jurassic World 2 trailer
- Avenged Sevenfold is down with Beach Boys covers, but not with going to Mars
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ season 2 adds Emmy-winning ‘West Wing’ actor
- Criminals, take cover: ‘The Punisher’ is coming back to Netflix for season 2
- Your first spoiler-free peek at ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’s dark second season