However, Uproxx notes some Easter eggs that are hiding in plain site in the first trailer. A classroom scene shows portraits of great scientists. Famous names including “Charles Darwin, Galileo Galilei, Albert Einstein, Niels Bohr, Nikola Tesla, and Marie Curie.” Then there’s one Dr. Bruce Banner, who doesn’t happen to be green (or angry) in that portrait. Tony Stark’s late father Howard shows up on a school mural.
There’s a new scene reminiscent of Tobey Maguire’s Spidey stopping the runaway train. And in a shot sure to generate some salacious Twitter Stark snark, Peter Parker is wearing a T-shirt very similar to the one Pepper Potts wore to bed with Stark in Iron Man 3.
Maybe we’ll find out the connection in this movie, or wait for the next chapter in the ongoing series. Nothing like a implied-sex cliffhanger to keep the audience in suspense.
Dorkly.com says the new domestic trailer “has the tone of a John Hughes-esque high school movie,” which is maybe what the franchise needs at this point. Although after looking at the domestic trailer, you may have the inclination that Keaton plays a pretty potent bad guy.
Spider-Man: Homecoming lands at a movie theater near you on July 7, 2017.
- First ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer offers a peek at life after ‘Infinity War’
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Spider-Man,’ ‘John Wick,’ Ghostbusters,’ and more
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer
- Colder and bloodier, Game of Thrones season 8 has a premiere date
- Square Enix celebrates finishing ‘Kingdom Hearts III’ with extended trailer