Two decades after Dumb and Dumber first hit theaters, directors Peter and Bobby Farrelly have returned to the characters that launched their Hollywood careers. And judging by the first television spot for the film, dimwitted buddies Harry Dunne (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd Christmas (Jim Carrey) have only gotten dumber in the last 20 years.
After embarking on a cross-country adventure to return some luggage the first time around, Harry and Lloyd now find themselves on the road again in the new film, tracking down the child Harry didn’t even know he had. Naturally, complications ensue along their journey, leading to the sort of hilarity and wackiness that made the original film a cultural touchstone of the mid-’90s and kick-started Carrey’s career.
Along with Daniels and Carrey, Dumb and Dumber To stars Rachel Melvin, Kathleen Turner, Brady Bluhm, Laurie Holden, Steve Tom, and Rob Riggle. The film is directed and produced by the Farrelly brothers, who also co-wrote the script.
Dumb and Dumber To hits theaters November 14.
- It’s Dumbledore, Depp, and dark magic in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ sequel trailer
- The best Netflix original movies
- YouTube’s Karate Kid series ‘Cobra Kai’ has a trailer and premiere date
- Tom Cruise joins Instagram, reveals ‘Mission: Impossible — Fallout’ title
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’