The D50 is the smallest, lightest and easiest-to-use Nikon digital SLR camera to date, and is designed for the broadest range of consumers including family memory-keepers looking to take advantage of the image quality, speed and responsiveness Nikon digital SLR’s offer, as well as photo enthusiasts and amateur photographers who want to capture brilliant digital pictures with vibrant color and immaculate sharpness. The new entry-level D50 makes exceptional digital SLR photography a reality for everyone.
The 6.1-Megapixel D50 Arrives in Stores in June 2005 for an Estimated Street Price of $899.95 (D50 outfit, with the new AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED lens)
The D70s incorporates a host of new enhancements and refinements internally and externally, in addition to all of the advanced features and innovations found in the D70:
* A refined 5-area autofocus system now has an all-area search priority
to go along with the camera’s single area, dynamic area, and close
subject priorities, improving the camera’s ability to acquire focus on
fast moving subjects within the frame.
* The camera now boasts a larger 2.0″ LCD monitor, making it easier for
users to review images and access menus.
* A new remote port for the MC-DC1 electronic cable release (optional)
allows users to trigger the camera and hold the shutter open via an
electronic cable release
* A built-in Speedlight with a wider angle of coverage, supports 18mm
* A new easier-to-read menu design in the D70s uses color-coded menus,
and a larger type-face.
* A higher capacity EN-EL3a battery offers users more pictures per
charge. The EN-EL3a battery comes with a new, smaller MH-18a battery
charger. Both the new battery and charger are included with the D70s.
MAJOR FEATURES OF THE NIKON D70s DIGITAL SLR
Accurate, vivid color
* 6.1 effective megapixels Nikon DX Format CCD imaging sensor produces
3,008 x 2,000-pixel images with high resolution and superbly sharp
* Advanced digital image processor uses advanced algorithms to optimize
image quality, while also controlling auto white balance, auto tone and
color control, as well as real-time processes to diminish digital noise
and produce beautiful long exposure shots.
* Accurate white balance achieved by Nikon’s acclaimed 3D Color Matrix
Meter with 1,005-pixel for highly precise control over white balance
under widely varied lighting conditions.
High Performance and Quick Response
* Continuous shooting at 3 frames per second for a continuous burst of up
to 144 pictures (When using JPEG NORMAL – Large setting, and a SanDisk
SDCFH (Ultra II), SDCFX (Extreme/Extreme III), or Lexar Media 80X WA
CompactFlash(TM) card) thanks to improved buffer memory handling,
faster image processing, increased memory card access speed and greater
system bus bandwidth. (The number of continuous shots possible in a
single burst may be fewer depending on the type of CF card used.)
* Ultra-short shutter time lag is hardly noticeable and offers very quick
* Immediate power-up has the D70s ready to take pictures before your
finger can reach the shutter button.
* High-speed, high precision 5-area AF system with predictive focus
tracking and Lock-on(TM) ensures quick response and sharp focus, while
an AF-assist illuminator helps ensure top performance in dark
* Fast shutter speed with a range from 30 to 1/8,000 sec. for full
* Fast flash sync shutter speeds up to 1/500 sec. available for great
fill-effects under brighter light conditions.